Add a header to begin generating the table of contents
- Smederevo - Town on the Danube river (0 km)
- Smederevo' s Autumn (0 km)
- The Smederevo Fortress (0 km)
- The 15th century Church of the Dormition of the Holy Mother of God (0 km)
- The "Jugovo" excursion site (0 km)
- Natural Richness of Municipality Kovin (11 km)
- Religious Monuments of Municipality Kovin (11 km)
- Municipality Kovin (11 km)
- Chapel Blagoveštenje (26 km)
- First Branded Honey in Serbia (26 km)
- Municipality: Smederevo
- Postal code: 11300
- Area code: ( +381 ) 26
Up until the middle of the 20th century, a recognizable feature of the Smederevo area were the numerous vineyards, with modest vineyard houses erected in them.
At the end of the 19th and the beginning of the 20th century, with the establishment of a bourgeois class and their increased wealth, summer houses were added to many of the vineyards and were meant for family vacations. The areas around the houses were made into beautiful parks and woods, and fruit orchards were added to the vineyards.
On Plavinac, near Smederevo, prince Miloš bought a property with a vineyard in 1829, and on it he built a wine cellar. At the request of queen Natalija, in 1897 the modest one – story summerhouse of prince Mihajlo was added onto, and reconstructed into an opulent, for that time, summer court by the court architect Jovan Ilikić. All the members of the ruling Obrenović family stayed there, from prince Mihajlo to King Aleksander, when they visited the traditional grape harvest in ” The King Vineyard “.
The Obrenović family property, with its villa, woods and vineyards, covers an area of 36ha.