Table Of Contents
Add a header to begin generating the table of contents
- Monastery Sopoćani - UNESCO World Heritage Site (8 km)
- Monastery Gradac (16 km)
- Monastery Old Pavlica (16 km)
- Monastery Končul (16 km)
- The Old Town Of Ras - The First Serbian Capital (16 km)
- Kopaonik - The most beautiful mountain in southeastern Europe (28 km)
- Archaelogical Site Heavenly Chairs (28 km)
- National Park Kopaonik (29 km)
- Jošanička Spa (32 km)
- Monastery Studenica - UNESCO World Heritage Site (35 km)
The Pilars of George monastery was founded by Stefan Nemanja.
The main object monastery, the church of George, was built in 1170 – 1171. year.
The remains of the existing monastery buildings are (next to church) cistern with well, dining room on the south side and most of the big wall.
Other structures do not originate from the time of the monastery were built later..
The monastery was renewed by the king Dragutin…