Table Of Contents
Add a header to begin generating the table of contents
- Monastery Gradac (0 km)
- Monastery Old Pavlica (0 km)
- Monastery Končul (0 km)
- National Park Kopaonik (15 km)
- Jošanička Spa (15 km)
- Kopaonik - The most beautiful mountain in southeastern Europe (15 km)
- The Pilars of George (16 km)
- Archaelogical Site Heavenly Chairs (16 km)
- Monastery Studenica - UNESCO World Heritage Site (22 km)
- Monastery Sopoćani - UNESCO World Heritage Site (24 km)
Medieval town of Ras is the first Serbian capital.
The excavations has found that the complex of the old town Ras consists of three locations: Fortress on place Gradina, cave with monastery St. Archangel under the fortress and the settlement Pazarište ( Trgovište ) , where is located church from the XII or XIII century.
All this refers on possibility that this place here was signification spiritual centre in XII century and it was connected with a great Župan Stefan Nemanja.
However, in the town of Ras lies a lot of mystery from the past of Serbian people…