Add a header to begin generating the table of contents
- Kuršumlijska Spa (0 km)
- Lukovska Spa (0 km)
- The Devil' s Town - Nominated For Natural World's Phenomen (0 km)
- Prolom Spa (0 km)
- Kuršumlija (2 km)
- Jastrebac (30 km)
- Archaelogical Site Heavenly Chairs (38 km)
- Kopaonik - The most beautiful mountain in southeastern Europe (40 km)
- National Park Kopaonik (41 km)
- The Archaeological Park - Lazar' s City (47 km)
- Municipality: Kuršumlija
- Postal code: 18430
- Area code: ( + 381 ) 27
The St. Nicolas Monastery – Church was raised on a flat plateau ( the sightseeing point ) above the confluence of the River Banjska into the Toplica, by ruler Nemanja who dedicated it to his son Sava, who blessed the first devotee in it, after the Serbian Orthodox Church was awarded autocephality in 1219.
It used to be a spacious Monastery complex and the seat of Toplice Bishoprics and Archbishoprics According to its architectural style, St. Nicholas is considered a prototype of the Raška School of architecture.
The Church was left in ruins after the Austro-Turkish wars ( 1668 – 1690 ) .
The Church has been restored, while plans are being developed to have the Monastery fully renewed.